Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Busy

Three Masses today. Morning Mass in the parish at 8:30 AM. Then a Spanish Mass at St. Sebastian at 9:30 (which I managed to get through unscathed). Then Graduation Mass for Geibel 8th Grade at 6:30.

Tomorrow the same thing ... parish Masses at 8:30 and 6:00 and Geibel Mass at 10:30.

I was worried about the Spanish Mass; I haven't studied Spanish for 26 years. It went well, fortunately. And as long as there weren't any native speakers there my mistakes shouldn't have been all that obvious! My biggest concern when doing such things (I have periodically done Spanish Masses in the past) is that I get "tired" and my pronunciation goes steadily down hill. I made the spur-of-the-moment decision to chant the Eucharistic Prayer. I reasoned that chanting it would slow it down and help me to get the pronunciation correct.