Saturday, May 16, 2009

Why I LOVE The Internet

Every now and then I get unsolicited email. From persons who are, too put it mildly, vicious. The sad thing is that they imagine themselves to be exemplary Catholics. I post this recent missive to illustrate the point. Not sure what these "clown masses" about which these nuts keep ranting. I have never experienced such a travesty. And I certainly wouldn't participate in such a sacrilege; the Eucharistic Liturgy is way too Sacred to mock like that!

Anyways, for your amusement:

Name=Bernie McGinniss
Email=bernmcginn@aol.com
Subject=punk priest?
Comments=Dear Father - After hearing about you and seeing your website I am shocked. Maybe its growing up with the most loving parents who had a mystical Holy love for the Roman Catholic Church and The fact that I became a Marine. I became a Recon Marine and spent over 10 years in my beloved Corps. You make a mockery of the Sacred Priesthood and it seems that you can not except that reverence and tradiction is part of the Holy Priesthood. It is people like you and I speak of the dress and manner of actions that only confuse the catholic of today. I have seen my church go from 25 families to over 400 families in less then a year. After a while people realize that clown masses, rock music, and priest who rather be the headliner are leading them away from the One True Faith. There is no tradition, no holiness, no discipline and the people of God want a sacred holy mass a mass that gives glory to God and not the priest. Yes, by now you know that I attend the Latin Mass. The Novas Order Mass can be beautiful like on EWTN and I would attend this Mass. My wife who is a convert from the start without me telling her what Mass I attend she went to a local Catholic Church and then attended Mass with me as we were dating and stated that the Mass that we went to together was more Holy and fitting for the praise and glory of God. The words and action of the Priest reflexed a mystical prayer to God. My wife is black and was a Pentecostal member. By the grace of the Holy Sprit she picked up our faith faster then a Marine picks up his rifle. I know this e-mail will not change you so I pray that you see that the glory, praise and attention goes to God rather then you due to your way of punk life style. It's not about you it's about bring people to the One True Faith.