Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wedding Blues

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. I mean, I've been a priest for 13 years now. Surprised it didn't happen sooner. I finally lost a bride. Not once, but twice. Years ago I ha a 'Best Woman' faint. But never a bride. Until today that is. Fortunately she was kneeling down both times so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
I felt very bad because ultimately I guess it was my fault. It is so early in the season that I am not yet in "air-conditioning" mode and I never thought to turn it on. I didn't think it was all that hot, but then I wasn't wearing a wedding dress!

All's well that ends well, though. Post-Mass formalities (receiving line and pictures) proceeded without incident and I have no doubt that as I type this the newlyweds are dancing the night away.