Friday, June 5, 2009

Lots going on!

A hive of activity the last several days. Things are finally starting to happen around here ... I, for one, am quite excited!


The sanctuary walls have been repaired and re-plastered with a beautiful Spanish texture. I can't wait to see how it looks once it is painted.


The sidewalks around the church have been "lifted" by a technique that pumps a material under them. This has eliminated the dangerous unevenness in the sidewalks that was just inviting people to fall. I am quite pleased with the results, especially right in front of the entrance, where I have seen countless people stumble on the uneven surface.


I also working on de-tchaching the vestibule of the Church. I don't think that any area of the Church should be junked-up. I had the two bulletin boards removed (with one moved to the hallway leading to the cry-room and the water closets. I have some other plans for the vestibule that I hope will make it a more fitting transitional space between the secular and the sacred.