Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Web Site Worth It?

Is having a parish web site worth the trouble and expense? In case I had any doubt:

Fr. Lubic,
I am writing to say how happy I am to see such a great web site for St. John's. St. John's was my parish up until 1999 when our family moved to Florida. My brothers and attended the school and I was the last class to graduate in 1994 before it closed. Our family lived in the red brick house on the corner 3 down from the church. I miss Perryopolis very much, and St. John's as well. But now, when I am feeling home sick I can log on to the web site, look at pictures, and read your blogs. It is comforting to know that a priest is there that cares about the people and about the community. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC that has a total of 2 catholic church's. I have not found one that I have been comfortable in. I wish that you could bring a little of your spirit to the priests down here. Once again thank you for such a great web site.

Sincerely,

Benjamin W. Martin